Daniel 11
Happy Sabbath everyone. Since my last post, I had a great trip to New England and will post pictures soon.
I've been going through a study on Daniel with David and Jennifer Penner as well as Joelle the last few months. I've been learning so much, and it's really strengthening my faith in God's ultimate plan.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's study on Daniel 11. It's amazing how God gives microscopic precision prophetically to the kings who would reign before and after Christ. Then, the transition to the papacy in verse 31, the deadly wound in verse 40, and the ultimate fulfillment of the abomination of desolation at the end of the chapter with a combination of religious and political powers coming together followed by the close of probation in Dan. 12:1 (by the way Jesus tells us to read and understand this prophecy in Matt. 24:15 and Dan. 12 tells us only the wise will understand). What I enjoy best is seeing David and Jennifer copiously take notes during the study and especially as their faces light up when a particular point of truth clicks and it reaches their hearts. It's always great to see committed Adventists like them see more clearly how Biblically accurate and life-transforming the Adventist message is. The next step will be to study with non-SDAs and to teach them the precious truths of this beautiful message.
Pray for me as I have been selected to be the new director for Advent HOPE this coming year. It's a huge responsibility, and I especially need God's grace to able to follow His leading for this special group of people.

3 Comments:
That's exciting to see others learn more things in your bible study. I know the Lord will help and bless you with Advent Hope's ministry. We just came home from a powerful message from David Assherick at campmeeting. He got right to the point and said the only two things you can take heaven are converts and Christians. This was so good for us Adventists to hear, because that is what our mission should be everyday.
How soon is soon?
Nice to hear from you Norman. We've been meaning to congratulate you on your engagement! Joelle must be very special! We are so happy for the two of you.
We are doing very well. Will keep in touch.
God bless.
Post a Comment
<< Home