More updates
Since I last posted, SWYC happened, Joelle moved to CA four weeks ago, and the evangelistic series with Randy Skeete in San Bernardino started. All of the sermons from SWYC are on www.audioverse.org. God really blessed this year, and we already have plans lined up for next year. We have a good SDA camp reserved for Labor Day weekend and Stephen Bohr and Ivor Myers, both of whom will be at GYC this year, have agreed to come. I'm in the process of negotiating with some other great speakers right now as well. It's going to be another powerful weekend.
Pr. Skeete has really been preaching some devastating messages. A really good sermon on www.audioverse.org that you should listen to is "What Does God Want for You?" I was almost shaking by the end of the sermon. He preached some other devastating messages entitled "Just Like Jesus" and "How to Resist Temptation". When you hear preaching like that, it just makes you wonder what the loud cry of Revelation 18 will be like when the whole earth is lightened with the glory of God and the 2nd Advent message. Tonight, he preached about the Sabbath, and 11 non-SDAs came forward to accept the Sabbath message. One of them, I have befriended, and it really warmed my heart when he went forward to take His stand with Jesus.
Finally, it has been truly wonderful to have Joelle here. She's been extremely busy working on mailing out promo materials to conferences and schools. It really is a big job to stuff packages for all the SDA conferences, high schools, and colleges in the NAD, but it's been a good experience, and I've helped as much as I can. Joelle's pretty organized, efficient, and on top of things, I must say. It's hard to believe that this Wednesday will mark 18 months since we have been together. It's definitely good to live in the same town so we can be with each other on a consistent basis.
So, to all you reading out there, just remember that Jesus can keep us from falling (Jude 24), that we can overcome as Jesus did (Rev. 3:21), God's last day people will have the same faith as Jesus i.e. the faith of Jesus (Rev. 14:12, Gal. 2:20), and that God allows us to pass through trials to develop the patience and character of Christ (read all of 1 Peter). And yes, the Sabbath still is the seal of God (Eze. 20:12,20; Rom. 4:11 i.e. sign = seal), which means that the remnant church, which keeps ALL the commandments (Rev. 12:17), including the Sabbath, is still the SDA church because within the SDA church (despite all of its tares), are those who really love Jesus and obey all of His commandments with a heart full of love to Him who gave His life for us (John 14:15).

2 Comments:
Hey Norm,
An inspiring epilogue! I'm glad to hear of all the exciting things advent hope is doing. I will surely download those sermons from audioverse.
God Bless,
Yamil Lopez
hi Norman, will look forward to listening to those sermons. Hope you're enjoying AMEN (or will be by the time you read this). Wish I could make it. Tell me how Pastor Don's devotionals go.
eric
Post a Comment
<< Home