Stroke Conference
Tomorrow evening (Tuesday) I will be flying to San Francisco for the International Stroke Conference. I realize that I have not said much about my neurology training on my blog, but obviously neurology is a big part of my life, although clearly not the most important.
I have attended several conferences this year. I went to Philadelphia in September for a Board Review and to Winstom-Salem for an epilepsy conference in November. Now, I'm on my way to San Francisco and in May I will be going to Boston for the annual meeting for the American Academy of Neurology. It's surprising how much traveling I have done this past year if you include multiple trips to MI to see Joelle before she moved and the trip to TN for Christmas and Baltimore for GYC.
I am learning a lot in neurology and it's hard to believe that I am over halfway through my training for neurology and have less than 18 months to go before I finish. Time marches on!

3 Comments:
Yes, that's exciting. I'm sure you are looking forward to finishing. Around the same time you finish, I will be graduating from high school! Have a safe trip.
This is really good, Norman. Just think, someday you'll be the one talking at these things instead one of the many doctors listening.
Your meetings seem to cover a lot of bases. Is there an area of neurology in which you've found a particular interest yet?
Good question, JD. I'm probably leaning towards neuromuscular, which specializes in performing nerve conduction studies and EMGs to assess the integrity of the nerves and muscles. It's fairly analytical and also clinical. The patient population consists of myasthenia gravis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Guillain-Barre, Lou Gehrig's disease and many others.
Post a Comment
<< Home