Saturday, October 17, 2015

Southwest Youth Conference

Here I am sitting up after midnight on-call again. Just got a consult in the ER that I wished we didn't have to see. It's not really an emergency. Oh well.

So, if you haven't heard, SWYC starts this weekend. You can still sign-up on-site. Just let me know if you're coming.

If you come, you can expect to hear power-packed, Bible-based, Spirit-filled messages that will cut to the heart. The messages will be distinctively Adventist and will prepare people for the outpouring of the Latter Rain. And of course, all the messages will uplift Jesus Christ, who, according to EGW in Medical Ministry p. 49, was "a Seventh-day Adventist to all intents and purposes. So, why wouldn't you come to SWYC?

What you will NOT find at SWYC this year:

1. Drums on the stage
2. Rock music
3. Puppets and clowns
4. Movie clips to augment the sermons
5. Hollywood-style dresses up front
6. Clapping during the services
7. Any other contrived Satanic device to create a false Holy Spirit

If you were hoping for any of those 7 things, then I challenge you to come and see how fired up young people can get without all of those meaningless contraptions, and you will see what it means to be a true, faithful, Bible-believing, Christ-centered, loving Seventh-day Adventist Christian in the last days of this earth's history.

I'm sure I'll breathe easier and sleep a lot better when it's all over. I also expect to be very spiritually rejuvenated when I come down from the mountain.

It won't hurt that Joelle is moving here a few days after the conference is over.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger JD said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger JD said...

Hmmm. It seems that Norman's last blog entry, DATED ONE MONTH AGO, mentioned that Joelle was moving out in a few days.

Break the silence, Norm! What's UP??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home