Saturday, October 17, 2015

Now in TN

GYC is over. It was good. Randy Skeete, CD Brooks, and Mark Finley were the best speakers. John Nixon should have spoken elsewhere, not at GYC. The workshops were great as well. Mark Finley gave a great closing message about carrying the torch. I was thinking about all the faithful since the beginning of the apostolic church till now. They had it much harder than us. So, we should be more than able and willing to carry the torch in our times. God is waiting for us.

I'm in Portland with Joelle and my family now. I'll give you updates as the week goes on. It was a great first day. We're relaxing after the busy GYC weekend.

I'll perhaps provide some more commentary later about GYC. I'll close with this insightful quote from Medical Ministry pg. 49. "Christ was a Seventh-day Adventist, to all intents and purposes." :-)

7 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Norman, have you given Joelle the present truth tour of the house yet? If not, I have a video that may suffice...

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Norman,

I like the E.G. White quote. How go things in OR? God bless you my friend.

Arden.

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Norman, meant TN...

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman...
Hello...=)
The internet world is small...
It was so good to finally meet you after hearing so much about you from Joelle's xanga and seeing pictures of you on both her and Al's webpage.
I wholeheartedly agree with you that Christ was to all intents and purposes an Adventist...
John Nixon's sermon...I gleaned what I could and thought some of his thoughts were excellent, but I do understand why Tim thought your facial expressions were memorable. I laughed when I read that.
Well, you must visit the world of xanga often too, since you know so many people on it...
Take care and will be checking in periodically to check on your blogs. =)
God bless!

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow. why is it that i'm always a step behind? >_<
i saw ur name alot so i just clicked on it to see who u were and voila! YOU are joelle's Mister SPECIAL! and i see that michelle has beat me to it too. =)
i am so sorry that i didn't get a chance to meet u at GYC.
hopefully one of these days i'll have the privilege =)
I am so glad for u two.
Joelle's a special girl, and u'd better treat her extra specially, doctor =)

i wish i could have been there to see your expression during pastor Nixon's sermon ;) lucky Tim huh.

hope you guys have a great time.
GB!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Larie said...

I can always tell from miles away what sermons will produce interesting facial expressions and otherwise theological distaste to my neurologist friend. I cringed listening to that sermon live, just knowing that you would be making faces...:)

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got two words for you, "OH NO!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home