Two good sermons
This past Sabbath, Peter Gregory preached a very powerful sermon at Advent HOPE entitled "The Nicolaitans" and shows how the new theology has entered into the church. He then gave a powerful plea to give the three angels' messages with power. You MUST listen to it. Go to www.audioverse.org and you'll see the sermon on the front page from Jan. 21, 2006.
Also, I just received a link to a sermon by Dwight Nelson at Pioneer Memorial Church. In it, he blasts parents for taking their kids to see Harry Potter and reads from the Bible to show how God condemns wizardry and the occult in the strongest language. It was a refreshing change to hear Pr. Nelson give the straight testimony.
Here's the link to the sermon entitled "Storm Brewing". http://www.pmchurch.tv/article.php?id=81

4 Comments:
Hi Norman,
Please click on this link and read the story for yourself. I think that you will really want to read it. Just look at the title.
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=1536354
Thanks and may God bless you and your family and loved ones.
The dangers of the new theology and Harry Potter are two subjects that I wish more pastors would preach about. These are some of the top critical deceptions that Satan will attempt to promulgate in the last days.
refreshing change? I didn't realize you listen to Pr. Nelson that often... :-) Actually he seems to be getting stronger recently, ever since they started doing the FAST program for Wed. prayer meeting at PMC...
Thanks for the tip, Norm. I listened to one of the Nelson sermons. I noticed that he praised GYC while distancing himself from the founders--and I was confused by that, but then I'm not that up to date.
Fantasty literature is a unique way to interpret the world and examine it. Aside from the Narnia books and a childhood obsession with Star Wars, I must admit that the genre mystifies me: strangely named characters and bizarre planets.
My bride, Jenny, is a wholehearted Tolkien and C.S. Lewis fan. The way she describes it, the only Magic in the Universe is all-powerful Righteousness; all other imposters qualify merely as witchcraft.
Post a Comment
<< Home