Almost on CNN
I watched the video clip of the segment CNN did about Seventh-day Adventists. As of right now, you can view it on the main page of www.cnn.com. What makes it interesting to me is that I saw CNN doing the filming of some parts of this segment. The lady first interviewed lives in the Linda Valley Villa just a block down the street from where I live. I voted there at the Villa on election day, Nov. 8, and happened to see the cameras rolling while the lady walked up the sidewalk. The CNN reporter, Gary Tuchman, was standing on the other side of the street watching while they taped her. I almost went up and asked him, "Are you Gary Tuchman?" For some reason I didn't. Too bad. Joelle already told me I should have talked to him. During one part of the segment shown on CNN, I'm literally only 20 yards ahead of the lady, but they're taking a side shot of her. Too bad it wasn't a shot from behind. So, I just missed making it on to TV on CNN.
Anyway, enough about that. We just finished the 05Revive at Burden Hall. Very powerful! I'm thankful for Amazing Facts and Doug Batchelor. Oh by the way, Dennis Priebe works for Amazing Facts as well. Just thought I'd put a plug in for him since I talked to him earlier today, and he will likely come in March or April to Advent HOPE.
Now that it's past midnight, it's officially 4 days till I arrive in Michigan to see Joelle. It's in the ballpark of 107 hours now. At least I'll be sleeping for part of that time which will help it to go faster. Needless to say, we're both excited. I bought a new suit for the trip. Hopefully, she'll like it.
We have one last weekend of the sanctuary here. So far, I hear that ~1000 people have requested Bible studies. That's a lot! May God help us to follow through with the interests.
That should do it for now. Just remember, if you're a Seventh-day Adventist, the only real reason for your existence is to vindicate the name of God, through His power, so that you can be part of the final generation that receives the seal of God and is translated without seeing death. Anything else is a distant second. (See COL 69 and Heb. 11:39,40). I hope they're not doing TV segments of us on CNN when we're 104. If so, we will have failed of fulfilling God's mission for our generation.

1 Comments:
Ahem, no wonder you were so tired this morning... hehehe... just kidding. Next time you see some TV truck you must always go talk to the reporter. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home