Saturday, October 17, 2015

Feasting on the Day of Atonement??

I wish that fanatics advocating feast days would be honest to the Bible and SOP and see how foolish it is to keep those days. They were done away with at the cross. My personal favorite quote is from DA 652 referring to Passover. "The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever." Hmmm... What's not clear about that statement??

Here's another clear quote from ST:

"But there is a law which was abolished, which Christ‘took out of the way, nailing it to His cross.’ Paul calls it the ‘the law of commandments contained in ordinances.’ This ceremonial law, given by God through Moses, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be binding upon the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ as the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings and services were to be abolished. Paul and the other apostles labored to show this, and resolutely withstood those Judaizing teachers who declared that Christians should observe the ceremonial law." Signs of the Times, September 4, 1884

Pray for me as I deal with some people who are very much confused on these issues.

I did my first tour of the sanctuary last Sunday. I had all of 2 people on the tour. It was a good warm-up. I think they were blessed. I haven't had time since then. We'll see if they need me this weekend.

Chester Clark will be staying with me this weekend. I was struggling to find food that he could eat until I went to the Loma Linda market. Fortunately, they sell gluten-free food. Hopefully, Chester will think it tastes all right. Regardless, Advent HOPE will be blessed by his talks this weekend.

So, for those of you who thought I had run out of thoughts for the month, never fear. There's always something waiting to surface. And if you didn't know we shouldn't be keeping feast days, I hope it is clear to you now.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger YLGMD said...

I'm glad you are being clear about the feasts. No need to live in the past.

The only sad thing, is most of us have forgotten the meaning of all those feasts. I myself have trouble remembering the meaning for all of them. It is amazing how meaningful every aspect of them were.

Happy sabbath.

Yamil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home